Lion’s Mane Mushrooms with Saffron and Apples
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 tart apple, cored and thinly sliced
- ½ pound Lion’s Mane Mushrooms, brushed clean and sliced
- A good pinch of saffron threads
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Heat the butter in a 12-inch skillet, over medium-high heat. Add the apple slices and cook, stirring frequently, until the apples just start to soften (or to your desired texture).
- Add the mushrooms, saffron, and white pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are soft. Serve hot or at room temperature.