- 6 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup bonito (dried shaved, dry fish flakes)
- 2 tbsps yellow miso (soybean paste)
- 2 tbsps red miso (soybean paste)
- 1/2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup enoki mushrooms
- 4 ozs firm tofu (drained and cubed)
- Combine water and bonito; let stand 2 minutes. Strain the liquid through a fine sieve into a bowl; discard solids. Bring the liquid to a boil in a large saucepan. Add yellow and red miso and soy sauce; stir well with a whisk until smooth. Divide the enoki mushrooms and tofu evenly among 6 soup bowls, and ladle 1 cup soup into each bowl.